In the wind power business, consider profitable, places with more than 6 m / s of wind
Example windy site in hurgada
- During the year, the typical wind speeds vary from 2 m/s a 11 m/s (mild to cool wind breeze), rarely exceeding 14 m/s (fresh wind)
- The highest average speed of 8 m/s (moderate wind) It takes place around the 4 September, when the average daily maximum wind speed is 11 m/s (fresh wind).
- The lowest average wind speed of 5 m/s (light breeze) It takes place around the 28 November, in which the highest daily average of the wind speed is 8 m/s (moderate wind).
- The average daily minimum (rossa), maxim (verde), e media (Black) wind speed with percentile levels (internally by 25 a 75 percentile, from external 10 a 90 percentile).
- The wind comes more often from northwest (34% sometimes), from north (32% sometimes), west (15% sometimes). The wind less frequently coming from the south (1% sometimes), southwest (1% sometimes), northeast (2% sometimes), East (2% sometimes) e southeast (3% sometimes).
- The wind less frequently coming from the south (1% sometimes), southwest (1% sometimes),northeast (2% sometimes), East (2% sometimes) e southeast (3% sometimes)..
Levelized cost of energy
L’ LCOE (levelized cost of energy) metric is a unit used to compare the cost of energy units produced by different energy sources starting from the same base. The calculation of the LCOE includes, among other things, the capital costs, installation, of operations and maintenance, Performance and fuel costs.
Endurance has one of the lowest LCOE in the energy options available:
– LCOE of 0.10 $ per $ 0.15 /kWh for Greenfield opportunities through DES (1)
– LCOE of 0.06 $ per $ 0.08 /kWh for opportunities – – LCOE of 0.06 $ per $ 0.08 /kWh for Repowering opportunities (2)
As a result of this value, the universe of potential end-users is expanding enormously.
- 1. Wind turbine E-series of Endurance located in California, operating with a wind speed of 6m / s to 8 m/s. Model nominal LCOE used to design a cost per kWh static and long-term
- 2. It assumes that the existing tower can be used and can be installed more than 20 turbines in a single project
- 3. US Energy Information Administration, Company calculations
Description of the projectGeneral informations
Power: 55 kWp
Place: Sardinia / Cagliari
Production: wind speed: 6 m/s @ p75% 169.000 Kwh/year
Technology: diameter of the rotor: [m] 19.2 Hub height (height of the hub) : [m] 36
Turbine concept: three-fase, horizontal axis
Power Adjustment: Stall control
rotor type: Downwind
minimum startup speed (Cut-in-speed): 3.5 m/s
Number of blades: 3
Blade Material: fiberglass composite
Gerabox: Direct drive
Connection: on earth
I 5 systems will be installed on an agricultural area. The state of the earth (circa 300 m2 for each plant) It is converted to wind energy purposes. The project is located in an area where the data available (calculated with wind gauge analysis) show the greatest possible speed of the wind in this part of the country with an indicated level around the 6 m/s. The plant converts wind energy into electricity through a wind tower 55 kw. The total annual production is around 1690.000 Kwh. The system includes a monitoring system for the production of electricity.legislative framework
Art. 12 Legislative Decree, 20 December 2003, n. 387, "Streamlining and simplification of authorization procedures"
Decree of the Minister of Economic Development, 10 September 2010, "Guidelines for the authorization of plants powered by renewable sources"
Legislative Decree , 3 March 2011 n.28, "Implementation of Directive 2009/28 / EC on the promotion of energy from renewable sources, amending and subsequently repealing Directives 2001/77 / EC and 2003/30 / EC "
DM 06/07/2012 Ministerial Decree 6 July 2012. Incentives for the production of electricity from plants other than photovoltaic renewable sources DM 28/12/2012 Ministerial Decree 28 December 2012, Incentives for the production of thermal energy from renewable sources and energy efficiency measures small
GSE, December 2013, "Rules of application of the Ministerial Decree 28/12/12"Simplified procedure enabler
In agreement with the Legislative Decree n 28 of the 3 March 2011 The Application Simplified Procedure (P.A.S.) It applies for the construction and operation of renewable energy sources with a power that does not exceed 1 MW. The step. It is an authorization that includes and includes all permits and favorable opinions needed for the construction and operation of an installation and relevant power lines needed to connect to the national grid. The step. It must be submitted to the City 30 days before the work material. over the 30 days the municipality must notify the applicant of an order motivated not to proceed with the work, in the event that it is ascertained the lack of one of the conditions required by the rules. In the case where the municipality does not interrupt the execution of the work, after expiry of the term 30 days of receipt of the declaration, the construction work is deemed approved.
hypothesisCash flow and financial position
Some data Operating
Producers and / or qualified partner companies dealing with supply, transport, mounting, commissioning and maintenance. Everything else is excluded from the standard supply.
I am charged to the customer, but supervised: electrical works, various authorizations, civil works (such as roads, plots for the assembly, foundations, etc.) and whatever is not of strict competence of the supplier.
We provide all the appropriate technical specifications for preparation streets, foundations and connections to the network so that the client can make all the external works to the provision. All specifications are then attached to the supply contract.
Ie transport and installation by € 300,000
- Transport: € 120.000 – € 150.000
- Mounting only turbines up to the media framework € 100.000 – 150.000
- test € 20.000 – € 30.000
- "The foundation is supervised by construction engineers
- In Italy the foundation you pay more or less € 150,000-180,000 € (the only foundation in the swamp has cost € 250.000 in olanda per 3MW)
- In Italy +/-320 m3 concrete C25 / 30
- In Italy +/- 40 m3 concrete C30 / 37
Sizes wind turbines
The optimal system
The wind turbines offer performance similar to that of conventional power plants. For example, guarantee a smooth running even with disturbances on the electrical network, a variety of reactive power settings for check the voltage and in the case of peaks provide an automatic power reduction.
active power / reactive: various settings of the reactive power thanks to the latest generation of frequency converters
Active Power Management: wind turbines reveal the power excesses and intervene counterbalancing
Low Voltage Ride Trough: even in case of voltage drops aerogenerators intervene to avoid disconnection. The red line represents the threshold below which the turbine will automatically disconnect.
- – Active power control
- – Reactive power control
- – LVRT low voltage ride through
- – HVRT high voltage ride through
Microturbine A micro vertical and innovative wind turbine, capable of producing electricity with high efficiency even with low wind speeds, typical of urban areas. Simple and powerful, suitable for domestic use in an urban environment. A powerful microturbine (1kW) with an axial generator, with an urban fit (1m x 1.5m) at a competitive price, silent, without the need for maintenance and easily installed without the need for bureaucratic complications, an appliance able to lower the price of the electricity bill. DB model 500